God is drawing more and more families who recognize the unparalleled value of an excellent Christian education. We praise God for His provision and for this growth.
Karen ShomoBRCS Head of School
Why Are We Building?
Blue Ridge Christian School has experienced significant growth in both enrollment and programming. Here is a snapshot of this growth:
- 276: The total enrollment at BRCS this year, the largest in our school’s 27-year history. Five years ago, our enrollment was 168.
- 76: The total number of new students at BRCS this year, representing new students in every grade except 12th, again the largest one-year enrollment increase in our school’s history.
- 73: The total number of local church congregations represented in our student body, again the largest number of churches in our school’s history.
Here are a few more numbers that give a picture of BRCS today:
- 2: The number of campuses where BRCS students meet; our Preschool-8th grade campus is in Bridgewater, and our High School currently meets at Dayton United Methodist Church.
- 14: The number of honors courses offered at our high school, including courses across the academic disciplines, from English to Calculus to US Government to Anatomy and Physiology.
- 18: The number of elective options our high school students may explore, from Drama to Choir to Web Design to Mock Trial.
- 15: The number of middle school, JV and varsity sports program offered by our Athletic Department, in addition to our Elementary Sports Academies.
- 65: The number of students who take private or group instrumental lessons with BRCS instructors, developing their gifts in piano, violin, wind instruments and guitar (this is in addition to our excellent choral and instrumental program in which all students, grades PK-8, participate).
- 13: The number of summer camps offered at BRCS last summer, including athletic, academic and fine arts options.
Where is God leading us from here?
We are in need of financial support so we can continue this good work of changing lives at BRCS. We were blessed with $1 million donation in 2014 which allowed us to launch the high school, purchase land, and put a down payment on a new facility, the Shenandoah Valley Electric Cooperative.
We are in an exciting time in our school’s history. We cling to Proverbs 16:9: “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” We are so thankful that He is directing our steps.
What is our need?
High School Renovations: We have raised $500,000 toward the high school wing renovations of the SVEC building. The goal to move the high school into the new facility in the summer of 2018.
Middle School Renovations: We have pledges coming in for the next phase of renovations and are seeking $500,000 to fully fund this next step.
Preschool-Elementary School: The Preschool-Elementary school and Gymnasium are designed to be one building. The timeline for completion will be determined by the funds available.
Gymnasium: Currently, our school families drive to the Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind for “home” games. Our current gymnasium is not regulation size. Though we are thankful for VSDB, this travel is not sustainable. We also hold community athletic events for public and private school students, including our March Madness Basketball League, but the size of our facility is hindering our capacity to expand our community outreach.
Join Us! We are Stronger Together.
There is so much more to tell about how God is using BRCS to change lives. I would love to meet with you in person to share more stories about His Kingdom-building work at BRCS. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to hearing from you and partnering with you!